Wednesday 8 February 2017

character development - the red eskimo

For the current concept art project, I picked a snowy theme and decided to do an Eskimo character. It passed through several variations, but ultimately I decided upon this one. The walking pose and the ready spear bring the design to life.

After inking the character and taking a photo with the webcam, I flipped it back to its original position (the one below), and started outlining the shapes in adobe illustrator. Once that was done, I frantically slapped basic colours on the shapes and started iterating, trying to figure out a better pallete. Speaking of which, in the end I used the Palleton website to pick five shades of red and coloured the little dude based on that.
After this, I will focus on adding some volume to the shapes by colouring over. And then... the environment...

No comments:

Post a Comment